House Rules for Warriors of the Red Planet and Xuhlan

This blog is a departure from the solo adventure I was working on for Olde House Rules' Gaming Primitive RPG, but I think it will interest those who like 0e inspired, rules lighter RPGs. For this post I briefly discuss the Warriors of the Red Plane RPG, and post some house rules I've had kicking around on my hard drive for a while.

While the Warriors of the Red Planet (WotRP) 0e inspired sword & planet RPG put out by Al Krombach & Thomas Denmark at Night Owl Workshop is excellent, this game in particular is destined to have some great House Rules. Night Owl Workshop already released an extra Princess Class, and rules for Social Standing for WotRP. Gunslinger, another Night Owl Workshop RPG, will be a companion book and full game in its own right when fully released. And, there is also Terje Nordin's wonderful WotRP house rules with his Swords and Super-Science of Xuhlan supplement, which adds much to the game. If you have not checked out WotRP yet, or other Night Owl Workshop games, I strongly urge you to do so as they are short and concise OSR games with excellent illustrations. 

I went ahead, and maybe went a little too far, by writing out my own house rules. They lean very heavily on rules in WotRP and Xuhlan, so I don't plan to publish them at this point, but I will share them freely here if anyone is interested:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Rules for Warriors of the Red Planet (Part VII)

RPGs Inspired by Myth

House Rules for Warriors of the Red Planet (part III)